It’s that time of year again. Summer is wrapping up and PCS is getting ready to welcome back our students on Sept. 7th. We hope all of our students and their families have had a safe, enjoyable and learning filled summer. All schools in SD52 will be ready for your student(s) on Sept. 7th. PCS has been receiving some questions about the return to school. Below are the facts:
~ Facts about Returning to School ~
- You DO NOT need to be COVID vaccinated to return to school and we will NOT require proof of COVID vaccination at any point. There is no school district in the entire province of BC that will require COVID vaccination for your student’s return to school.
- Masks will be required for attendance to PCS by all students and staff.
- Students and staff will be required to continue with Daily Health Checks. You can download the BC Ministry Daily Health Check app @: https://www.k12dailycheck.gov.bc.ca/healthcheck
- Hand sanitization will continue. There are lots of sanitization spots throughout PCS and two at the front door.
- Full TRECs will resume as well as any extracurricular and sports.
- Visitors will be welcome at PCS but we request you call ahead if possible.
- There will no longer be Cohorts
- Physical distancing will be encouraged but not required. Student’s and staff’s physical distance preferences will be respected by all in the community.
~ Week 1 of 39 – Sept. 7th – 10th ~
- Sept. 7th – Orientation: Students arrive at 10:00am and will be dismissed at 12:00pm
- Sept. 8th & 9th – Full day Learning Plans. Students will be given a time on the first day of school to come for their Learning Plan on either of those two days. Doing a Learning Plan is a requirement for attendance at PCS.
- Sept. 10th – Regular school days begin.